- Best price guaranteed
- No booking fees
- COVID-19 protected
- Booking Type Instant booking
- duration 16 days
- tour type Group
- age requirement 18-35 yrs
- max group size 48
- guiding method Fully guided
- Tour Code BM-23130
- Starts London, England
- Ends London, England
- London: For this trip, we recommend that you carry the British Pound, Euro, Czech Koruna, Swiss Franc. (It’s a coin collector's dream!)
- London: This trip includes plenty of interesting Free Time Add-Ons in Amsterdam. So if you’re planning to do any other activity, and looking to book in advance - it’s best to book your tickets between 12-3PM. Of course, you can always book any other time (we’re all about freedom to explore!). But make sure you don’t miss the other activities, or a coach transfer to the accommodation!
- Dover: See the iconic chalk-white coastline. So special that it’s had songs dedicated to it.
- Berlin: Get your culture on. It’s time to see Tiergarten, Alexanderplatz, the Russian War Memorial, Brandenburg Gate and the historic Reichstag building.
- Berlin: Heads up culture vultures. Here’s your chance to check out the longest open-air gallery in the world.
- Dresden: See the Baroque architecture that was rebuilt after the WWII bombings. Royal Residence, Zwinger Palace, Opera House and Frauenkirche.
- Prague: Walk through the winding cobbled streets and head up into the fairytale-like Castle District for panoramic city views.
- Prague: See the bright lights and church spires from a totally new perspective. Ships ahoy!
- Salzburg: Marvel at one of Europe's largest medieval castles, perched high on the hill over Salzburg. Like something out of the Sound of Music.
- Venice: Speed across the lagoon to the aqueous island of Venice.
- Day 1: London to Amsterdam
- Day 2: Amsterdam
- Day 3: Amsterdam to Berlin
- Day 4: Berlin
- Day 5: Berlin to Prague
- Day 6: Prague
- Day 7: Prague to Salzburg
- Day 8: Salzburg to Venice
- Day 9: Venice to Rome
- Day 10: Rome
- Day 11: Rome to Florence
- Day 12: Florence to Parma via Pisa and Cinque Terre
- Day 13: Parma to Lucerne
- Day 14: Lucerne to Paris
- Day 15: Paris
- Day 16: Paris to London
- Dinner (x4)
- Breakfast (x15)
- 4 Dinner (D)
- 15 Breakfast (B)
- Ibis Schiphol Amsterdam Airport (or similar) hotel
- Ibis Berlin Messe (or similar) hotel
- B&B Hotel Prague (or similar) hotel
- A&O Salzburg (or similar) hotel
- A&O Hotel Venice Mestre (or similar) hotel
- A conveniently located hotel hotel
- Ibis Budget Luzern City (or similar) hotel
- Ibis Paris Porte D'Orleans Hotel (or similar) hotel
- Travel by coach
- Experienced Driver Guide
- Any international flights to/from London are not included in this price. We always recommend that you arrive 1 day prior to your tour starting date.
- Travel insurance is not included in this European Encounter tour. Travel insurance is mandatory to buy. We recommend purchasing it from World Nomads .
- Earn US$ 86+ in travel credits.
- Best price guaranteed.
- No credit card or booking fees.
- 100% financial protection.
- Carbon neutral tours.
- 25,000+ trip reviews, with an average rating of 4.8 out of 5.
- Read more reasons to book with Bookmundi less Read less
No additional cancellation fees apply for this European Encounter tour. You can cancel the tour up to 62 days prior departure and avoid paying the full amount, but your deposit paid is non-refundable. No refund applies for cancellations within 61 days of departure.
For any tour departures within 30 March 2024, full payment is required. For tours that depart later than 30 March 2024, a deposit of 200 USD is required to confirm the tour, and the remaining balance will be charged 61 days before trip departure.
European Encounter tour requires that you have adequate and valid travel insurance covering medical and personal accidents, including repatriation costs and emergency evacuation. We recommend using World Nomads' travel insurance.
For this European Encounter tour getting the required visa(s) is the responsibility for each individual traveller, as visa requirements vary depending on your nationality. We recommend to check with your local embassies representing the countries that you are traveling to, as part of this itinerary.
This trip incorporates the following COVID-19 measures:
- This tour has received the World Travel and Tourism Council’s ‘Safe Travels’ stamp, which provides travellers with assurance that COVID-19 health and hygiene protocols have been adhered to.
- A multitude of COVID-19 distancing measures have been implemented on this package tour to keep travellers safe.
- This tour requires you to be fully vaccinated against COVID-19 at least 14 days before your departure day. Children below 16 who are unable to be vaccinated, will need to provide proof of a verifiable negative test result for COVID-19 taken within 72 hours of this trip departure.
- Europe Tours
- Everest Base Camp Trek
- Italy Tours
- Spain Tours
- Argentina Tours
- Canada Tours
- Sri Lanka Tours
- Chile Tours
- Antarctica Tours
If you book the European Encounter tour within the next 5 days , you can get by applying the following code:
Sign-in to unlock instant trip discounts. Create wish lists and save up to USD 1,500.
"Not all who wander are lost."
In this case however...
Weߴre terribly sorry. That page does not exist. Let Rover, the Travelstride guide dog get you back on the right path
European Encounter (Amsterdam to London, Winter 2022-23)
16 Days Starting in Amsterdam and ending in London
Visiting: London, Dover, Calais, Amsterdam, Berlin, Dresden, Prague, Salzburg, Venice, Baschi, Rome, Vatican City, Florence, Pisa, Cinque Terre, Parma, Lucerne, Paris
Coach tours (worldwide) , Walking Hiking and Trekking
Cultural , History
Art Galleries & Museums , Beer Tasting
This tour is no longer available
Small budget, small window of time, big list of Must Dos? The European Encounter should do the trick. Make your way through 10 countries, catching some rays on the Italian Riviera, downing pizza in Rome & exploring castles in Prague. If you know a better way to spend just under two and a half weeks, we need to hear about it!
Take a locally guided bike tour of opulent Prague (Summer departures only)
Visit a French Perfumery in Paris to learn about the secrets of the perfume trade through an olfactory journey
3 Dinner (D)
16 Breakfast (B)
Dover: See the iconic chalk-white coastline. So special that it’s had songs dedicated to it.
1 Lunch (L)
Berlin: Get your culture on. It’s time to see Tiergarten, Alexanderplatz, the Russian War Memorial, Brandenburg Gate and the historic Reichstag building.
Berlin: Heads up culture vultures. Here’s your chance to check out the longest open-air gallery in the world.
Dresden: See the Baroque architecture that was rebuilt after the WWII bombings. Royal Residence, Zwinger Palace, Opera House and Frauenkirche.
Prague: Walk through the winding cobbled streets and head up into the fairytale-like Castle District for panoramic city views.
Salzburg: Marvel at one of Europe's largest medieval castles, perched high on the hill over Salzburg. Like something out of the Sound of Music.
Venice: Speed across the lagoon to the aqueous island of Venice. Get total James Bond vibes.
Venice: Life’s all about the waterways here; there’s not an Uber in sight! Get some classic pics of the famous gondola boats.
Rome: Stroll around the Italian capital, ticking all the sights off your bucket list! See the Trevi Fountain, Spanish Steps, the Pantheon and more
Orvieto: Kick back with your Contiki crew and feast on local pasta, olives, wine and more at this organic Umbrian farm. (MAKE TRAVEL MATTER ® Experience)
Pisa: Your ultimate chance to ‘hold the tower up’ as you pose for that classic Insta snap.
Cinque Terre National Park: We’ll take care of your rail pass, so you can just zip around the iconic clifftop villages and focus on the Insta stories.
Lucerne: Check out the Wooden Chapel Bridge and the giant sandstone Lion Monument
Paris: Take a dreamy jaunt around the city of romance. Fall in love with landmarks like the Eiffel Tower, Arc de Triomphe, Louvre, Champs Élysées and Notre-Dame Cathedral.
Paris: Your chance to learn the art of fragrance at a Parisian perfume house. You know it makes scents! (soz).
Paris: Climb to the 56th floor of the Montparnasse Tower for an unbeatable vista of the ‘City of Light’.
Venice: On this low-octane, high-inspo Venetian walking tour, we’ll cast our eyes on the best of the city’s architecture, including the Bridge of Sighs, the Doge’s Palace and St Mark’s Square.
Not what you're looking for?
People that have booked this tour have also searched for the following:
Day 1: London To Amsterdam
London, Dover, Calais, Amsterdam
Holiday Inn Express Amsterdam North Riverside (or similar)
Get ready for 16 days of unforgettable adventures through Europe! You'll meet up with your Contiki crew in London and we'll all board our coach here, ready to set off for European soil. Our first stop is Dover, where we'll take a ferry to cross over the channel. One step closer! As we set off, take in that last glimpse of English coastline with the beauty of the White Cliffs of Dover. Off the ferry, we arrive in the port town of Calais. We're in France! With no time to waste, we'll jump back on our coach and head onwards to Amsterdam. Cross off another country off your list as you cruise through Belgium on your way to Amsterdam. And here we are at our final stop for this evening: Amsterdam! We'll start our exploration of this city with a peek of canals, bicycles & 17th century gable houses lit up by night. Next on the agenda tonight, you'll have the option to get an exclusive entry pass to the A'Dam Tower and Swing, skipping the queues to enjoy epic views over the sprawling city below with an included drink in your hand. Afterwards, there's plenty of nightlife to keep you going until the early hours.
Day 2: Amsterdam
Amsterdam is cute as a button & sure to win your heart with its canals, obscure museums & a café culture like no other. Today use your time to get local, bar hop, museum crawl, and see what other tastes take your fancy, this place is famous for pancakes, frites and so much more. This evening, opt in to enjoy a delicious dinner with the rest of our Contiki fam.
Day 3: Amsterdam To Berlin
Ibis Ostbahnhof (or similar)
Amsterdam, it's been lovely, but today's agenda is onto the autobahn and on the fast-track to uber-cool Berlin. On the world map of party vibes, Berlin has a gold star. We've got two nights to explore every inch of this iconic city, and we'll kick it off with a bit of a tour of the city and its troubled but fascinating past. Once we've gotten acquainted with the key sites, you'll have some free time to discover the city. Berlin has so much to offer the hungry traveller, from the somber icons like the Holocaust memorial to side streets with hidden cafes and shops. And if you're not sure where to start, your Trip Manager can always point you in the right direction.
Day 4: Berlin
Get into the mood of exploration. Berlin has so much to offer the hungry traveller, from the obvious icons like Checkpoint Charlie to all the obscurities tucked away in the side streets. Today we’ll embark on an Alternative Berlin walking tour, taking us to all the city’s hipster haunts and historical hotspots.
Day 5: Berlin To Prague
Berlin, Dresden, Prague
B&B Hotel Prague (or similar)
Finishing Berlin off on an important note we see the longest remaining section of the Berlin Wall known as East Side Gallery and one of the city's symbols, covered in grafitti from head to toe. Next up, we head to the border and stop at a town called Dresden. A drive from Berlin to Prague would not be complete without stopping in Dresden. Destroyed by World War II, the rebuilt town is now a symbol of resilience, soaked in the rebirthed beauty of an Opera house, the domed Frauenkirche, & the Royal Residence. On arrival in the compact & lovable city of Prague, we'll get out and go exploring, seeing castles and cathedrals and learning of Bohemian Kings and gothic history. Prague is a paradise for beer lovers and in the afternoon you have the chance for a local expert to take you on a tour of some of Prague's coolest drinking spots.
Day 6: Prague
With a full day to loiter, expect an entire photo album of Gothic architecture, market antiques & you cheers-ing local beer; not to mention life! Tonight choose to get up close to Czech culture with a live music performance & traditional dancing over dinner and drinks. live music performance & traditional dancing.
Day 7: Prague To Salzburg
A&O Salzburg (or similar)
We warned you about falling head over heels for Prague! Sorry kids, you cannot live here forever. Onwards we go - it's time for the mountain ranges that made the Sound of Music famous. Also home to Mozart, you can be pretty certain this place knows a beat. Today we'll also see the largest preserved fortress in Central Europe - Hohensalzburg - and have the chance to partake in the Sights & Sounds of Salzburg. Never a dull moment! This evening opt to venture off the beaten path and visit a farming family in the hills above Salzburg who invite us into their home to eat, drink and learn about their lives. The family have lived on this farm for many generations and now look to tourism to help support them and their local community. The ribs you will eat come from the next-door neighbour, the fruit for the schnapps from the village and the service from the locals.
Day 8: Salzburg To Venice
A&O Hotel Venice Mestre (or similar)
Austria, you are an overwhelming beauty. Although it would be nice to stay forever, it's time for us to cross the border and prepare to stuff ourselves full of all things pizza & pasta. Yes, traveller we're making our way to Italy! You'll think you've seen enough beauty for one day after taking in the Central Austrian Alps, and then we'll arrive in Venice & your jaw will hit the floor over hidden lanes, story book bridges & a private canal boat ride.
Day 9: Venice To Rome
Venice, Baschi, Rome
A conveniently located hotel
Farewell floating city, but Italy, we're not done with you yet, our next destination the Eternal City of Rome is just around the corner. But first, we have an epic, included MAKE TRAVEL MATTER® experience to enjoy. Casa Segreta (Secret House) is set within the gorgeous town of Baschi, where we'll meet the Polegri family. These guys have run their vineyard and olive orchard for generations, and after giving us the grand tour, will serve us lunch under the Veranda. As we overlook the Tiber Valley, enjoying some of the most authentic Italian food we've ever tasted (topped off with the Polegri's very own wine, naturally), we might reflect that we've never had it so good. It's the kind of local travel experience you don't encounter every day (you're welcome). Then, all roads lead to Rome as we uncover Italian icons in the country's capital and get a glimpse of its glory by night. Gelato, pizza and ancient monuments - perfetto!
Day 10: Rome
Rome, Vatican City, Rome
This morning we're up and out early to make the most of our chance to explore this ancient city. Starting with a visit to the world's smallest country, Vatican City. When in Rome...take an optional guided tour of the Vatican Museums, including the Sistine Chapel. Religious or not, the Vatican's Italian Renaissance church will send shivers down your spine. This is also the day to learn a thing or two about the Colosseum & do a bit of your own exploring. Back in Rome, we'll have time to hit the streets and discover the incredible ancient civilisation on our doorstep. You can opt to take a tour of the famous Colosseum and walk in the footsteps of Emperors and Gladiators in a guided tour, or snap epic selfies against a background of pink azaleas by the entrance. Visit the Trevi Fountain and throw coins to make a wish, sip espresso in a cobbled backstreet and soak up Italian life as it dances by.
Day 11: Rome To Florence
We may be hitting the road again, but we're not done with Italy just yet. We have one more city to lust over�� The dome of Duomo Cathedral sits above the city making certain we know we have arrived in Florence. Take a moment to take in the unique beauty of this beautiful city where culture and la dolce vita is evident in every direction you look at. Tonight you can choose to begin your Tuscan love affair with a dinner of Bistecca, a Florentine Steak.
Day 12: Florence To Cinque Terre Via Pisa
Florence, Pisa, Cinque Terre
Hopefully by now you are head to toe in fresh leather, you've eaten your body weight in antipasto, and you're feeling fresh as a daisy and ready to farewell Florence. No trip around Europe is complete without seeing the world's most famous #AwkwardLean, the Leaning Tower of Pisa. Once you've got that perfect snap of you holding the thing up like you're Arnold Schwarzenegger, we'll be on the fast-track to the Italian Riviera. Hello beautiful! The 'Five Lands' or Cinque Terre is completely beautiful and will take your breath away with their stunning colours, washing hanging out windows and picture perfect setting. Perched on a cliff and overlooking the Ligurian Sea this is 100% bucket list worthy destination, use the included day pass to explore this colourful heaven, stopping for an Aperol Spritz on the way too, all in the name of culture of course!
Day 13: Parma To Lucerne
Ibis Budget Luzern City (or similar)
Parma, it’s been short and sweet but we must move on. Next stop, Lucerne! Swans float under wooden bridges, snow-capped mountains stand regally behind us & chocolate tastes like heaven on earth. You're in the Swiss Alps & you cannot wipe the smile off your face.
Day 14: Lucerne To Paris
Ibis Paris Porte D'Orleans Hotel (or similar)
It's been sweet, but our time in Lucerne is up this morning. We're Paris-bound! Out with the altitude, in with the inner-city Parisian bliss. We'll jump back onto our coach to cross the border out of Switzerland and (back) into France. After coasting through the pretty wine producing region of Burgundy, we'll arrive in the City of Lights. Lamp-lit bridges, a sparkling Eiffel Tower, & evening coffee haunts, this evening we'll fall in love with everything Paris on a dreamy night-time tour. Is it just us, or is love in the air? Once we've seen the most famous landmarks, we'll celebrate our first night in the city by heading up the Montparnasse Tower for the best panoramic views of the city.
Day 15: Paris
If you're waiting for a chance to indulge yourself in all things Paris, today is your day. With our last night looming, we'll start with a morning visit to Montmatre's cobbled street, village-esque cafes, street artists and the Sacré-Cœur Basilica . Later you have plenty of time to wander up the Champs-Élysées for a pastel-hued macaron at the original Ladurée, then pop in to local favourite Colette, drool over haute couture on rue Saint-Honoré, admire the Notre-Dame cathedral while juggling coffee & sugared crêpes, or hustle your way through the crowds for a glimpse of the enigmatic Mona Lisa at the Louvre. Just don't wear yourself out, because tonight you have the chance to grab tickets for dinner at the Moulin Rouge caberet show, an optional group evening out to perfectly top off your time in the city of lights.
Day 16: Paris To London
Paris, Calais, Dover, London
Rise, shine, and soak up your last dose of Paris this morning over a coffee and croissant together, as we marvel at how much we've seen on this magical journey. It may be over for now, but these friendships and memories will last a lifetime. Our last coach ride together will be a complimentary transfer to CDG airport this morning, or you can stay onboard for the full ride back to London. Plenty of time to start planning the next reunion... What an adventure! Say a fond farewell to the group as you wrap up the trip on arrival in London.
For 15 nights, you'll be treated to the luxury of hotels in the best bits of each destination we visit. Sleep twin or triple share, or upgrade to single share for a little bit extra.
We'll be dining all over Europe on this trip, sampling moreish local cuisine like saucy pasta. 15 continental breakfasts will be included, as will 6 delicious dinners. The rest of the time is there for you foodies to roam free and discover just what all the fuss is about around this continent of delectable tastes.
A highly trained Trip Manager who brings your adventure to life. An expert driver who knows foreign roads better than Google Maps. Local Guides who make tourist traps a thing of the past. This is your team. Smart, friendly, fun, and integral to everything we do.
Check out our Q&As
How long has the tour company been trading.
In 1961, a guy called John Anderson founded Contiki in New Zealand. Whilst later bought by The Travel Corporation, the tour company had already been using the name ‘Contiki’ since its inception.
Who will be my travelling companions on the tour?
Contiki trips are designed & operated exclusively for those aged 18-35 years. Your travelling companions will be like-minded adventurers within that age range. The age range is adhered to strictly.
What policies are in place for Covid-19?
Please contact us for latest COVID-19 policies
Will the accommodation included meet local health and safety regulations?
What ethical travel credentials does the tour company have.
MAKE TRAVEL MATTER® is our commitment to protect people, wildlife and the incredible planet we all share. Powered by The TreadRight Foundation, a non-profit organisation and Contiki’s guiding hand when it comes to making travel matter.
What documents will I receive before I travel?
All documentation will be sent via email around 21 days prior to your trip departure. You can also access information on your trip by signing up to My Contiki via the top right icon of the homepage.
Reviews of this Operator
Northern choice plus kaikoura.
The trip ran so smoothly and was well organised! The extra add ons were amazing and all the services were spot on. Food places were reasonable. I'm definitely booking my next contiki trip again soon!
Exceptional customer service
Contiki were exceptional in providing customer service. They provided me with lots of information and were quick in responding to all my questions. I found that they were super helpful.
First time traveling with Contiki. Highly recommend! You’ll have a blast
First time traveling internationally since Covid and glad I spent the trip with Contiki. The travel, lodging, meals, activities everything was planned effortlessly. Going to Greece in may with contiki. Highly recommend
Amazing trip. Made great friends and memories. Can’t wait for my next trip
I had 24 people on my contiki and I think it was the perfect number, we all got to know each other well and got along great. Our tour guide was fun and knowledgeable, the hotels were nice and in great locations.
My amazing trip to Africa
Sherif was an excellent tour guide. He was extremely knowledgeable about every single small detail at each site that we visited. In addition to his great service, he has a glowing spirit that made me feel like I had family with me the entire trip. Anything that I was concerned about, he always had an answer and was there to help. I truly enjoyed my experience and will purchase a tour with him in the future
Book with Confidence
Transfer as credit to future tours.
Contiki allows you to transfer existing payments to a future tour to avoid cancellation fees if you can't travel and inform contiki, 60 days before departure.
Contiki requires a minimum deposit of 60 GBP per person or the full booking value, whichever is less, with the final balance not due until 60 days before departure.
We don't charge a cancellation fee, here is a summary of contiki charges.
Up to 61 days before tour starts: Forfeit 100% of deposit.
At 60 days before tour starts: Forfeit 25% of booking price.
At 21 days before tour starts: Forfeit 50% of booking price.
At 7 days before tour starts: Forfeit 75% of booking price.
At 1 days before tour starts: Forfeit 100% of booking price.
Why book with tourhub?
Safe & secure.
Your money is protected in an external trust until you travel.
100% Guaranteed Refunds if your trip is cancelled.
The safest way to make overseas, multi-currency payments.
Guaranteed Best Value
Industry leading discounts, we won't be beaten on price.
No cancellation or amendment fees from tourhub.
(Operator terms may apply)
Reliable & unbiased advice from travel experts.
Direct contact with the tour operator via our messaging service.
Inspiration & advice from a community of 6000+ real travellers, influencers & content creators.
Official partners & licensed agents of 1000+ tour operators worldwide.
Don't just take our word for it...
"Tourhub: Friendliness, Professionalism & Integrity I would happily give tourhub a 6* review if I could..."
Travel guru features, our reviews.
Join our mailing list to receive the latest updates and travel inspiration.
Quick Search... Tours ► England ► Contiki
Small budget, small window of time, big list of Must Dos? The European Encounter should do the trick. Make your way through 9 countries, catching some rays on the Italian Riviera, downing pizza in Rome & exploring castles in Prague. If you know a better w...
Duration 16 Days Countries 9 Next Departure 09-Feb-2024 Starting at USD 2,500.00 Price per day USD 156.00
- Find interesting destinations per country or region.
- Search, download and share tours and cruises that start at home or at your destination.
- Compare operators, itineraries, dates and prices to find the best tour for you, whether budget, comfort or pure luxury.
- Click on a simple button to view the tour at the Operator website for more information or online booking.
- Book at the tour operator directly, without middle men, without additional Terms & Conditions.
January Sale: The world is waiting at Up to 70% OFF
European Encounter (Summer, Start Amsterdam, End London, 16 Days)
- Fully Guided
- Coach / Bus
Places You’ll See
- Day 1 London to Amsterdam
- Day 2 Amsterdam
- Day 3 Amsterdam to Berlin
- Day 4 Berlin
- Day 5 Berlin to Prague
- Day 6 Prague
- Day 7 Prague to Salzburg
- Day 8 Salzburg to Venice
- Day 9 Venice to Rome
- Day 10 Rome
- Day 11 Rome to Florence
- Day 12 Florence to Parma via Pisa and Cinque Terre
- Day 13 Parma to Lucerne
- Day 14 Lucerne to Paris
- Day 15 Paris
- Day 16 Paris to London
Want to read it later?
Download this tour’s PDF brochure and start tour planning offline
- Additional Services
Where You'll Stay
Operated by contiki.
Contiki has been running tours for over 50 years, all exclusively for travellers aged 18-35 years old. Their mission is to bring young travellers together to see the world, focusing on unforgettable experiences and lifelong memories. Contiki believes in real travel experiences, and they care about making sure these experiences contribute positively to the people and places they visit. Every Contiki trip makes travel easier and more social by organizing accommodation, food, experiences and transport, so you can relax and focus on exploring the world with young travellers just like you.
Reduce Carbon Emissions
- Overall Rating Excellent 4.7
- Itinerary Excellent 5.0
- Guide Excellent 4.9
- Transport Excellent 4.9
- Accommodation Excellent 4.6
- Food Excellent 4.3
- Tour Operator Contiki 4.7
- Most Recent
- Most Popular
- Highest First
- Lowest First
- BJ Byron Jenaro · 16th January 2024 Our tour manager Beck was amazing and has gone above and beyond her duties to make sure everyone was taken cared of and is having a very good experience! In the same way, our driver Tiago was great! The itineraries were very packed, as expected but... Show more Trip date: December 2023
- FG Franz Diar · 1st June 2022 Great tour! Our tour manager is great! Highly recommended tour. You can book directly to Contiki. Tour radar platform is not up to far with the standard. Trip date: April 2022
- FZ Felicia · 17th August 2019 Amazing experience! Definitely would do it again Trip date: August 2019
- E EllenorMcKenzie · 13th May 2019 Being my first overseas trip I wanted a tour to ensure I got to see as much as I could in the small amount of time I was there. Through the well thought out plan's Remi organised our days with amazing activities and always had incredible recommendations... Show more Trip date: February 2019
- S Sakeena · 12th May 2019 Remi was an excellent tour manager, he made the trip all so awesome! Would definitely go again on an Asian Adventure hopefully soon! Trip date: February 2019
- I IsabellaMurray · 25th September 2018 Had such an amazing time on my first overseas trip, thanks to Megs! Trip date: September 2017
- C Carl · 25th September 2018 Megs was an fantastic guide, so knowledgeable and down to earth. She made the experience so easy and so much better, I’m glad I got the opportunity to be on her tour. Trip date: January 2014
Dates & Availability
Take advantage of our 0% interest instalment plan on selected departures. Learn More
- Upcoming departures
- February 2024
- August 2024
- September 2024
- October 2024
- November 2024
- December 2024
- January 2025
- February 2025
- August 2025
- September 2025
- October 2025
- Thursday 4 Apr, 2024 Friday 19 Apr, 2024 English Sold Out Based on Triple €3,444 Only Pay €100 Deposit See Similar Tours For These Dates
- Thursday 18 Apr, 2024 Friday 3 May, 2024 English Sold Out Based on Triple €3,444 Only Pay €100 Deposit See Similar Tours For These Dates
- Thursday 2 May, 2024 Friday 17 May, 2024 English Sold Out Based on Triple €3,510 Only Pay €100 Deposit See Similar Tours For These Dates
- Thursday 16 May, 2024 Friday 31 May, 2024 English Sold Out Based on Triple €3,586 Only Pay €100 Deposit See Similar Tours For These Dates
- Thursday 30 May, 2024 Friday 14 Jun, 2024 English Sold Out Based on Triple €3,586 Only Pay €100 Deposit See Similar Tours For These Dates
- Thursday 6 Jun, 2024 Friday 21 Jun, 2024 English Sold Out Based on Triple €3,586 Only Pay €100 Deposit See Similar Tours For These Dates
- Thursday 13 Jun, 2024 Friday 28 Jun, 2024 English Sold Out Based on Triple €3,662 Only Pay €100 Deposit See Similar Tours For These Dates
- Thursday 20 Jun, 2024 Friday 5 Jul, 2024 English Sold Out Based on Triple €3,776 Only Pay €100 Deposit See Similar Tours For These Dates
- Thursday 27 Jun, 2024 Friday 12 Jul, 2024 English Sold Out Based on Triple €3,776 Only Pay €100 Deposit See Similar Tours For These Dates
- Thursday 4 Jul, 2024 Friday 19 Jul, 2024 English Sold Out Based on Triple €3,776 Only Pay €100 Deposit See Similar Tours For These Dates
- Thursday 11 Jul, 2024 Friday 26 Jul, 2024 English Sold Out Based on Triple €3,776 Only Pay €100 Deposit See Similar Tours For These Dates
- Thursday 25 Jul, 2024 Friday 9 Aug, 2024 English Sold Out Based on Triple €3,776 Only Pay €100 Deposit See Similar Tours For These Dates
- Thursday 1 Aug, 2024 Friday 16 Aug, 2024 English Sold Out Based on Triple €3,776 Only Pay €100 Deposit See Similar Tours For These Dates
- Thursday 15 Aug, 2024 Friday 30 Aug, 2024 English Sold Out Based on Triple €3,662 Only Pay €100 Deposit See Similar Tours For These Dates
- Thursday 22 Aug, 2024 Friday 6 Sep, 2024 English Sold Out Based on Triple €3,662 Only Pay €100 Deposit See Similar Tours For These Dates
- Thursday 5 Sep, 2024 Friday 20 Sep, 2024 English Sold Out Based on Triple €3,662 Only Pay €100 Deposit See Similar Tours For These Dates
- Thursday 19 Sep, 2024 Friday 4 Oct, 2024 English Sold Out Based on Triple €3,662 Only Pay €100 Deposit See Similar Tours For These Dates
- Thursday 3 Oct, 2024 Friday 18 Oct, 2024 English Sold Out Based on Triple €3,662 Only Pay €100 Deposit See Similar Tours For These Dates
- 17 Other Unavailable Departures
Frequently Asked Questions
We are there for you! If you have any questions about this tour, then please don't hesitate to contact us 24/7 and we will get back to you latest within 2 hours!
Got a question about this tour?
Reach out to our travel experts.
Good to Know
- Currencies € Euro Austria, France, Germany, Italy and Netherlands £ Pound Sterling England Fr. Swiss Franc Switzerland Kč Czech Koruna Czech Republic
As a traveller from USA, Canada, Australia, New Zealand, South Africa you will need an adaptor for types C, E, F, L, J, G. As a traveller from England you will need an adaptor for types C, E, F, L, J.
- These are only indications, so please visit your doctor before you travel to be 100% sure.
- Tick-borne encephalitis - Recommended for Austria, Czech Republic, Germany and Switzerland. Ideally 6 months before travel.
- Hepatitis A - Recommended for Czech Republic. Ideally 2 weeks before travel.
- Hepatitis B - Recommended for Czech Republic. Ideally 2 months before travel.
- Unfortunately we cannot offer you a visa application service. Whether you need a visa or not depends on your nationality and where you wish to travel. Assuming your home country does not have a visa agreement with the country you're planning to visit, you will need to apply for a visa in advance of your scheduled departure.
- Here is an indication for which countries you might need a visa. Please contact the local embassy for help applying for visas to these places.
- For any tour departing before 3rd April 2024 a full payment is necessary. For tours departing after 3rd April 2024, a minimum payment of €100 is required to confirm your booking with Contiki. The final payment will be automatically charged to your credit card on the designated due date. The final payment of the remaining balance is required at least 65 days prior to the departure date of your tour. TourRadar never charges you a booking fee and will charge you in the stated currency.
- Some departure dates and prices may vary and Contiki will contact you with any discrepancies before your booking is confirmed.
- The following cards are accepted for "Contiki" tours: Visa, Maestro, Mastercard, American Express or PayPal. TourRadar does NOT charge you an extra fee for using any of these payment methods.
- Insurance Unless otherwise mentioned, TourRadar does not provide travel insurance. We do however recommend purchasing it through our tried and trusted partner, World Travel Nomads .
- Accessibility Some tours are not suitable for mobility-restricted traveller, however, some operators may be able to accommodate special requests. For any enquiries, you can contact our customer support team , who are ready and waiting to help you.
- Salt Lake City Denver tours
- Utah April 2024 tours
- Bolivia and Peru y tours
- Honshu 7 day tours
- China and Nepal Hiking & Trekking tours
- Silk Road 3 week tours
- Queensland Brisbane tours
Keep Exploring Europe
- Family Trip to Europe Itineraries (From 1 to 3 Weeks)
- Best Explorer Tours and Trips 2024
- Europe from London
- Western europe Explorer
- Operators in Europe
- European Encounter (Summer, Start Amsterdam, End London, 16 Days) Tours in Western Europe
- England, France and Italy Tours
- Western Europe Tours
- Europe Tours
- Explorer Tours
- Group Tours
- Fully Guided Tours
- Coach / Bus Tours
- Historical Tours
- England tours
- France tours
- Netherlands tours
- Germany tours
- Czech Republic tours
- Austria tours
- Italy tours
- Switzerland tours
- Food & Drink
- What to pack
- City Guides
- Travel Hacks
- New Zealand
- North America
- Latin America
Copied to clipboard!
What are the cheapest European cities to fly into from Australia?
By Charlie Fabre
Writer and editor for Contiki, Charlie is French-American, obsessed with travel, art, food, and reading in the New Hampshire forests.
Published on Jan 18, 2024
Cobblestoned streets, historical landmarks, jaw-dropping natural beauty, and pastries that keep you coming back for more. Dreaming of it all? Then it looks like Europe is on the cards! The journey from the Land Down Under to the wonderful continent can be long. So, if you’re looking to get the best value for money on your flights – you’re not alone.
Luckily, we’ve curated a list of the cheapest places in Europe to fly into from Australia – so you can save up all that money on a well-deserved sea-side paradise. So where do we begin our European Escapade ?
1. london, united kingdom.
Top international airport: London Heathrow Airport
You might be wondering – how the heck is London on this list? How does that make sense? London might just be the farthest away from any other major city in Europe, but turns out, it is actually one of the cheapest places to fly to in Europe from Australia.
The reason? Just the sheer number of people flying from Australia to London. According to records, the UK is the most-visited country in Europe by Australians . So with London being an in-demand destination, and multiple operators offering flights – flying to London from Australia actually gets quite cheap. The best part of it all? The options for getting from London to any other city in mainland Europe are endless. Cheap flights? Yep. Trains? Of course. Affordable coach rides? 100%. No wonder most European trips begin in London.
Image source: Contiki
2. Istanbul, Turkey
Top international airport: iGA Istanbul Airport
Okay, this one’s a no-brainer. Turkey is geographically closer to Australia. That means less distance covered. Fewer emissions. Lesser cost to the airline. Lesser cost for you.
While there’s some debate about whether Turkey can be called a part of Europe, it’s a great entry point if you’re looking to head to the Eastern parts of the continent like Croatia and Greece. And of course, Istanbul is very much worth a visit too. You could visit the church-turned-mosque-turned-museum – Hagia Sophia or admire the kaleidoscope of architectural beauty at the Süleymaniye Mosque. Or maybe give your tastebuds a sweet treat with some delish Baklava. It’s budget-friendly. It’s a feast for your eyes and taste buds. What more do we need in life?
When is the cheapest time to fly to Europe?
3. paris, france.
Top international airport: Paris Charles de Gaulle Airport
Nothing like the sight of the sparkling Eiffel Tower at midnight. And nothing like snagging a dirt-cheap flight to witness it with your own eyes, am I right? Okay. Maybe not dirt cheap, but pretty darn affordable I’d say.
There’s so much to discover in France . World-class wineries. Wonderful rivieras. Lush landscapes. Historical architecture. There’s something for everyone. Maybe that’s why France is actually one of the most visited European countries by Australians. Not only is it a great starting point for any European trip, but just a few hours out from the Paris Charles de Gaulle Airport, you can visit jaw-dropping French sights and places. Way to start your European endeavour, huh?
4. Rome, Italy
Top international airport: Leonardo da Vinci International Airport in Fiumicino
How could you not go to Rome when you’re in Europe? So it’s a wonderful thing that flying from Australia to Rome tends to be cheaper than most other cities, including ones in Italy! In fact, some airlines offer direct flights from Perth to Rome and back, 3 times a week during the European summer. And from Sydney to Rome – every day. Gelato (and spaghetti, and pizza!), here we come!
5. Amsterdam, The Netherlands
Top international airport: Amsterdam Airport Schiphol
Hallo, holland. How could we ever forget the stunning city of Amsterdam ? While there aren’t any direct flights from any city in Australia to Amsterdam – there are quite a few of them with layovers. The good thing about layovers? Cheaper flights. That’s right. Amsterdam is one of the cheapest places in Europe to fly into from Australia. Usually, you’ll find cheap flights between December to March (some as cheap as $500!) since the weather in the ‘Venice of the North’ is chilly. But hey, that also means fewer people and no selfie sticks poking your face. And have you seen the pictures of those stunning Christmas markets ? Sounds ideal, tbh.
6. Madrid, Spain
Top international airport: Madrid–Barajas Airport
Marvellous museums, amazing architecture, football fanatics, passionate parties – Madrid will completely upgrade your idea of what a ‘good time’ looks like. And the good thing is – getting there from Australia won’t break the bank. Most flight-price trends show that flying to Madrid–Barajas Airport from Australia can be cheaper compared to some other European cities. Which is great because we all could use some fresh churros in our lives.
Spain and Portugal Highlights
7. athens, greece.
Top international airport: Athens International Airport – Eleftherios Venizelos
Golden sunsets. Azure waters. Pearl-white buildings. Is this the exact description of heaven or what? Well, lucky for us – getting to this heaven isn’t too expensive. Athens is one of the cheapest places in Europe to fly into from Australia. Again, geographically it makes perfect sense. But more importantly, Athens can be a great starting point for a European trip. What better introduction to Europe than the rugged landscapes and intriguing ancient architecture of Greece?
Image source: Andrea Leopardi / unsplash
8. Budapest, Hungary
Top international airport: Budapest Ferenc Liszt International Airport
Looking to travel to Eastern Europe? Even though you may not find as many flight bargains for Eastern Europe as you do for the more popular tourist spots – there’s one place that’ll help you save. Hello, Budapest ! This city not only straddles the majestic Danube River but also offers a budget traveller’s dream with its delightful mix of history, culture, and affordability. What more could we ask for?
Budapest also makes for a great stopover point if you’re more interested in the Western parts of Europe.
First time flying solo? Here’s how to navigate the airport by yourself
What are the cheapest months to fly from australia to europe.
Usually, travelling during the off-season or shoulder-season (between winter and summer) is cheaper than flying into Europe. That means the months between September to May are perfect if you’re looking to save some of those precious bucks. If you’re looking for some sneaky hacks to find when the cheapest time to fly to Europe is , we already have a guide that would help.
Sure, spending a summer in Europe is always a great idea. But have you seen those Christmas markets ? And those wonderful parks tinted with red and maroon during autumn? Those are equally beautiful, and won’t make a giant hole in your wallet. I’d be booking my trip to Europe right about now if I were you.
Where is the cheapest place to fly to in Europe from Australia?
Most experts suggest that Istanbul is the cheapest place to fly to in Europe from Australia. Lucky for us, visiting the marvellous ‘Temple of Artemis’ (and tasting some freshly-made Turkish delight) is on the bucket-list anyway!
And if you’re looking for the cheapest countries in Europe in general, we’ve got a guide that might help.
Image source: Olivia Anne Snyder / unsplash
Top tips to find cheap flights to Europe from Australia
Swap wings for wheels
Catching a flight all the way to your destination? It’s a good option. But the best part about travelling Europe is that it’s SO well-connected. Road or rail – there are endless (and more affordable) options to get to your starting point.
So if you’re looking for a major budget hack, just book a flight to the cheapest city to fly to in Europe from Australia you can find. And it’s okay even if it’s an entirely different country, because you can catch a coach for the rest of your journey (kinda like a Contiki trip!). And hey, a good road trip never hurt no one.
Use budget-friendly airlines
Obvious, but true. Forget about first-class champagne showers. A can of soda with a side of “aren’t-you-glad-you-saved-so-much” is enough to make everyone happy (especially when you’re flying from one side of the world to another).
Book the connecting flight yourself
I know, I know. Booking flights to Europe and back? With layovers? On your own? Sounds like a nightmare. But really it’s not as bad as you think. Especially when you see how much money you’ll save. All you need is to keep about 4-5 hours in between the two flights, so you can comfortably pass through the security check and baggage claim. And get on board your next one. This way, you get cheap flights and if you wanna turn that layover into a mini-vacation – you can’t really go wrong there.
Turn your notifications on
The simplest way to find cheap flights is to turn your Google flight notifications on. This way, you can get alerts for when the flights you’ve been searching for are cheaper or falling. When the phones rage, you save.
Image source: Louis Magnotti / unsplash
Timing is key
In this game of grabbing the best possible prices for your flights from Australia to Europe, timing is everything. So don’t wait too long to book your flight tickets! You’re likely to find cheaper flights the sooner you book them. And of course, being flexible about when you can fly there helps too.
Mix and match airlines
From the bustling markets of Istanbul to the tranquil beaches of Lisbon, these affordable gateways beckon Australian travellers to embark on a European adventure without the financial strain. Each destination boasts a unique blend of history, culture, and affordability, proving that the dream of exploring Europe can be a reality for every jet setter. So, pack your bags, set your sights on these budget-friendly gateways, and let the magic of Europe unfold without a hefty price tag. Bon voyage!
How do I… handle flying solo like a boss?
Subscribe. Subscribe. Subscribe.
No-one likes being flooded by promotional emails trying to tell you to buy something all the time. But there are some definite advantages to that too. Like discounts!!! Most airlines and other booking sites will occasionally send through offers and discounts that you can use to save quite a significant amount of money. So keep an eye out for those sneaky promotional emails. And of course, subscribe to them too.
Ready for your European Adventure?
So. Now that you have all the info you need about which is the cheapest place to fly to in Europe from Australia. And you have some juicy hacks to help you make the most of your budget. You really have nothing to wait for.
While there are quite a few ways to explore the European continent on your own, one of the best ways is to join a Contiki trip ! Accommodation, transport, breakfasts, and some crazy (and some wholesome) experiences are all included in the price. Not to mention, you get to make a new set of memories with a bunch of friends that you’ll never forget. Do ya need more convincing?
5 hacks to help you score cheap flights
Stop dreaming and make sh*t happen.
8 countries, 12 days
9 countries, 16 days
16 countries, 37 days