A bus operator in the South East
- 3X Oxford City Centre, Railway Station - Oxford Science Park, Magdalen Centre
- 23 Great Western Park, Asda - Henley-on-Thames, Hart Street
- 23A Great Western Park North, Asda - Great Western Park North, Asda
- 33 Oxford City Centre, Police Station - Wallingford, Market Place
- 40C Caversham Heights, Highmoor Road Church - Reading Town Centre, Station Road
- 41 Abingdon, White Horse Leisure Centre - Abingdon, Saxton Road
- 63 Oxford City Centre, Police Station - Longworth, Bowbank Close
- 63S Oxford City Centre, Police Station - Kingston Bagpuize, School Lane
- 91 Didcot, Parkway Station - Didcot, Parkway Station
- 92 Didcot, Parkway Station - Didcot, Parkway Station
- 94 Didcot, Parkway Station - Didcot, Parkway Station
- 94A Didcot, Parkway Station - Didcot, Parkway Station
- 95 Didcot, Parkway Station - Culham, Science Centre
- 136 Cholsey, Reading Road - RAF Benson, Main Gate
- 143 Reading, Friar Street - Goring, Railway Station
- BB1 Abingdon, Swinburne Road - Didcot Girls School
- BB1A Rose Hill, Parade - Didcot Girls School
- BB2 Clifton Hampden, Post Office - Didcot Girls School
- BB3 Reading Town Centre, Friar Street - Woodcote, Langtree School
- BB4 East Hanney, St James View - Didcot, St Birinus School
- BB5 Chilton, Latton Close - Didcot, St Birinus School
- NX2 Oxford City Centre, St Aldates - Didcot, Parkway Station
- NX40 Oxford City Centre, Westgate - Wallingford, Market Place
- OX2 Kassam Stadium - Didcot, Parkway Station
- OX3 Kassam Stadium - Carterton, Teasel Way
- OX7 Kassam Stadium - Kidlington, Grovelands
- ST1 Oxford City Centre, Broad Street - Harwell Campus, Bus Station
- ST2 John Radcliffe Hospital, Main Entrance - Wytham, Field Station
- X2 Oxford City Centre, Westgate - Didcot, Orchard Centre
- X32 John Radcliffe Hospital, Main Entrance - Didcot, Cockcroft Road Shops
- X34 Didcot, Broadway - Newbury, Wharf Bus Station
- X35 Didcot, Broadway - Faringdon, Market Place
- X36 Didcot, Tesco Depot - Wantage, Kingsgrove
- X40 Oxford City Centre, Westgate - Reading Town Centre, Station Road
- Skip to main content
Transport Service Changes or Disruption
Planned public transport changes, disruption information and contacting operators.
On this page:
- Buses in Aldermaston Village
New evening bus services in Newbury and Thatcham and Sunday services to Mortimer
- Travel to Harwell and Didcot by bus
- Fare cap for local buses
Other Public Transport Services
Travel guidance and face coverings, services on bank holidays and during travel disruption, contacting local bus and train operators, bus to and from aldermaston village .
The A340 (Basingstoke Road) at Aldermaston Village is closed from 8 January to 15 March 2024, this will have an effect on the 44 services operated by West Berkshire Council Transport Team. This is due to works on the Aldermaston Wharf Lifting Bridge.
The 44 service will continue to serve the Aldermaston Wharf bus stops on Basingstoke Road, and will divert via Station Road, the A4 Bath Road and Frouds Lane. This applies for all journeys, apart from the 16.20 departure from Thatcham Broadway. For this journey, the bus will drop passengers who wish to go to Aldermaston Village at the Butt Inn Public House on the A340. Passengers can the access the village and Aldermaston Station via the pedestrian footbridge from Swan Drive to Mallard Way, it is approx. 10 minutes walk.
From September 2023, Newbury & District have introduced a late evening service between Newbury and Thatcham on Friday and Saturday evenings and Lime 2a operated by Reading Buses now extends to Mortimer every 2 hours on Sundays.
The Friday and Saturday 1e late evening service runs between Newbury Wharf and Thatcham Broadway, extending to Falmouth Way. The service also passes through the Turnpike Estate. Why not use the bus to go to the cinema, the Corn Exchange, go out for a bite to eat or meet friends and family in local bars and eateries.
The Lime 2a has been extended to serve Mortimer every 2 hours on Sundays, providing a bus link to Burghfield and Reading which has not been available for some years. You could use the service to go shopping in Reading, catch the latest film, visit friends/or family, or access job opportunities.
These service enhancements build on a long-held ambition of West Berkshire Council to enhance late evening and Sunday bus services across the district and with the recent introduction of the X34 between Newbury and Harwell Campus/Didcot ensure that local bus services continue to evolve.
Your concessionary fares bus pass will be accepted on these services between 9.30am and 11pm on Fridays and all day on Saturdays and Sundays.
These service extensions have been made possible by funding from HM Government, given to West Berkshire Council after submission of a Bus Service Improvement Plan (BSIP) in October 2021 and the council has partnered with Reading Buses and Newbury & District to make these services a reality.
There will be further announcements about your local bus services in the coming months so please do look out for them.
Travel to Harwell and Didcot by bus
The service is called X34 and runs hourly between Newbury and Harwell Campus Monday to Saturday and is operated by Thames Travel who are part of Oxford Bus Company.
It provides a vital link between Newbury and a very prestigious local science and innovation campus as well as providing a link to Didcot where there is onward bus travel to Abingdon, Oxford, John Radcliffe Hospital, Wallingford and Wantage.
Why not use the bus to go to work at the Harwell Campus, to go on a day trip with family and friends or take advantage of shopping opportunities in Didcot or Oxford.
You can find the timetable for the service here .
The service between Newbury and the Harwell Campus (bus services already existed between Didcot and Harwell) has been made possible by funding from HM Government, given to West Berkshire Council and Oxfordshire County Council after submission of a Bus Service Improvement Plan (BSIP) in October 2021.
Fare cap for bus journeys
You may have heard the Government's announcement about a fare cap , introduced across most bus services in England in late 2022. This offer has now been extended to 31 December 2024.
The council is pleased to announce that bus journeys across West Berkshire will capped at £2 for a single journey and £4 for a return journey.
Its intention is to provide affordable bus travel for millions across England and you can travel any time of day. The scheme forms part of the Government's Help for Households campaign, as the new cap can deliver real savings for those most affected by the rising cost of living.
So why not use the bus to get to work, go shopping, attend an appointment, go for a bite to eat in the local eateries, take in some of the outstanding scenery, or meet friends and family.
This fare cap builds on the allocation of more than £2 billion to support bus services in England through the pandemic and a commitment to fund improved services, new bus priority measures and new electric or hydrogen buses as part of the ambitious National Bus Strategy , published in 2021.
The fare cap will be applied on the following routes across the district:
Other services may be taking part.
You can find the full list of operators taking part across England on the Government's website .
Trains services that operate in West Berkshire maybe subject to change, often at short notice, updated information can be found on the Great Western Railway (GWR) website .
National Express is not currently operating in West Berkshire.
The Government has removed all domestic legal restrictions relating to COVID-19.
There is no longer a legal requirement to wear a face covering, but the government suggests that people consider wearing one when COVID-19 rates are high and you will be in close contact with others such as in crowded and enclosed spaces, when you come into close contact with someone in a high risk category and when there are a lot of respiratory viruses circulating.
You can find more detailed information about coronavirus guidance on the GOV.UK website .
If you are planning to travel by public transport on bank holidays, during bad weather or during other periods of disruption, please use the Traveline journey planner which has regularly updated information.
We also post available updates on the Connect West Berkshire Twitter feed.
You can also check with the bus or train company you will be using to make sure they are running. Please see the contact details listed below.
Road Closures and Bus Stop Suspensions
At times essential utility work and highway improvement works can cause disruptions to bus services. This can include bus stop suspensions and services having to divert from scheduled routes.
Details of any works which could have a major impact on West Berkshire Council contracted services will be posted on this page.
You can find details of the major bus and train operators in West Berkshire, and links to their website and contact details, below:
- Connect - services 5, 5a, 5c, 41, 44, 47 and H1; or follow Connect on X
- Going Forward Buses - find their contact details on the Going Forward Buses website, here - you can also find Going Forward Buses on Facebook
- Great Western Railway (GWR) - find their contact details on the GWR website, here - you can also follow Great Western Railway on X
- Newbury and District - find their contact details on the Newbury and District website - you can also find Newbury and District on Facebook and follow Newbury and District on X
- Reading Buses - find their contact details on the Reading Buses website, here - you can also find Reading Buses on Facebook and follow Reading Buses on X
- Salisbury Reds - find their contact details on the Salisbury Reds website
- Stagecoach - find their contact details on the Stagecoach website, here - you can also follow Stagecoach South on X
- Swindon's Bus Company - find their contact details on the Swindon Bus Company website, here
- Thames Travel - find their contact details on the Thames Travel website, here - you can also find Thames Travel on Facebook
Share this page
Is this useful?
- United Kingdom
Didcot - gwp north - harwell campus - chilton - newbury, thames travel x34 bus route map - harwell campus.
Thames Travel X34 bus Route Schedule and Stops (Updated)
The X34 bus (Harwell Campus) has 21 stops departing from Haydon Road, Didcot and ending at Becquerel Avenue Terminus, Harwell Campus.
Choose any of the X34 bus stops below to find updated real-time schedules and to see their route map.
View on Map
Direction: Harwell Campus (21 stops)
Haydon road, didcot, broadway, didcot, orchard centre, didcot, parkway station, didcot, station road, didcot, red kite way, great western park, juniper way, great western park, boundary park pavilion, great western park, asda, great western park, university technical college, great western park, didcot road bungalows, harwell, high street, harwell, tyrrells close, harwell, reading road stade, rowstock, rowstock corner garage, rowstock, curie entrance, harwell campus, curie avenue, harwell campus, eighth street north, harwell campus, eighth street south, harwell campus, diamond light source, harwell campus, becquerel avenue terminus, harwell campus, what time does the x34 bus start operating.
Services on the X34 bus start at 06:57 on Monday, Tuesday, Wednesday, Thursday, Friday.
What time does the X34 bus stop working?
Services on the X34 bus stop at 17:59 on Monday, Tuesday, Wednesday, Thursday, Friday.
What time does the X34 bus arrive?
When does the Didcot - GWP North - Harwell Campus - Chilton - Newbury Bus line come? Check Live Arrival Times for live arrival times and to see the full schedule for the Didcot - GWP North - Harwell Campus - Chilton - Newbury Bus line that is closest to your location.
Is there a X34 bus stop near me?
Click here to view the nearest X34 bus stop.
X34 bus Schedule
X34 bus route operates on Monday to Friday. Regular schedule hours: 06:57 - 17:59
Thames Travel bus Service Alerts
See all updates on X34 (from Haydon Road, Didcot), including real-time status info, bus delays, changes of routes, changes of stops locations, and any other service changes. Get a real-time map view of X34 (Harwell Campus) and track the bus as it moves on the map. Download the app for all Thames Travel info now.
X34 line bus fare
Thames Travel X34 (Harwell Campus) prices may change based on several factors. For more information about Thames Travel tickets costs please check the Moovit app or Thames Travel’s official website.
X34 (Thames Travel)
The first stop of the X34 bus route is Haydon Road, Didcot and the last stop is Becquerel Avenue Terminus, Harwell Campus. X34 (Harwell Campus) is operational during weekdays. Additional information: X34 has 21 stops and the total trip duration for this route is approximately 33 minutes.
On the go? See why over 1.5 million users trust Moovit as the best public transport app. Moovit gives you Thames Travel suggested routes, real-time bus tracker, live directions, line route maps in London, and helps to find the closest X34 bus stops near you. No internet available? Download an offline PDF map and bus schedule for the X34 bus to take on your trip.
X34 near me
Line X34 Real Time Bus Tracker
Track line X34 (Harwell Campus) on a live map in real time and follow its location as it moves between stations. Use Moovit as a line X34 bus tracker or a live Thames Travel bus tracker app and never miss your bus.
Use the app as a trip planner for Thames Travel or a trip planner for Tube, Bus, DLR, Tramlink, Train or River Bus to plan your route around London. The trip planner shows updated data for Thames Travel and any bus, including line X34, in London
X34 - Alternative Directions
- X34 - Didcot
- X34 - Great Western Park
- X34 - Newbury
Thames Travel Lines in London
- 33 - Oxford - Abingdon - Milton Park - Didcot - Wallingford
- X35 - Didcot - GW Park - Harwell Campus - Wantage - Faringdon
- 91 - Didcot Town Service (Ladygrove)
- BB5 - Chilton - Harwell - Didcot Schools
- 23 - GWP North - Milton Park - Didcot - Wallingford - Henley-on-Thames
- BB1 - Abingdon - Didcot Schools
- 3X - Oxford Rail Station - Oxford Science Park
- BB4 - East Hanney - Grove - Wantage - Didcot Schools
- 143 - Reading - Upper Basildon / Goring
- 136 - Cholsey - Wallingford - RAF Benson
- 63 - Southmoor - Oxford
- 143 - Reading - Pangbourne - Upper Basildon
- 94A - Didcot - The Hagbournes - Blewbury - The Moretons - Didcot
- 94 - Didcot - Blewbury - Harwell Campus - Blewbury - Didcot
- BB1A - Rose Hill - Iffley - Kennington - Abingdon - Didcot Schools
- BB3 - Reading - Pangbourne - Langtree School (Woodcote)
- OX7 - Kidlington - Oxford United
- 92 - Didcot Town Service (Northbourne)
- 63S - Oxford - Cumnor - Southmoor